Top Practices for Facebook Posts
We all know that organic reach is in decline, that just means you have to work extra hard on creating great Facebook content that people will love. Struggling? Check out these top tips for a successful Facebook post:
- IMAGES: Great images tell your story and are eye-catching. Statistics show that posts with images perform almost 40% better than those without. Also, bare in mind image sizes
- INFORM: Make sure you’re giving useful, interesting and engaging information – something that people will want to start a conversation with you about.
- SHORT AND SWEET: Recent numbers show that the average character count for a high performing post is just 40. Many profiles are using links with images to attract people and then just posting a small comment as content. See this example from Mashable.
- TIME: Keep an eye on analytics that show when the best times to post are. That’s not to say you have to only post then, but maybe get out important messages at peak times.
- TIDY: Consider removing URLs and unnecessary information from the main content of your post. Review it and ask yourself what it can do without.
- HUMAN: Maintain a human approach to Facebook business accounts. People like to know that there are real people behind businesses and their social accounts.
- INSIGHT: People love to find out things that they don’t already know. What exclusive and ‘behind-the-scenes’ content can you give them? Think of great imagery to complement.
- ENGAGE: Got comments or posts to your page? Reply where appropriate. Even if you direct someone to the correct page of your website, they will appreciate the time you took to answer their specific query.
- BALANCE: Obviously you need to push a sales post every now and then, but be sure to strike a balance between selling and informing.